Oshkosh Man Charged In Fleeing, Standoff With Dodge County Authorities Enters Not Guilty Plea

(Beaver Dam) An Oshkosh man charged with leading Dodge County authorities on a traffic pursuit followed by an eight-hour standoff was arraigned Wednesday. Tyler Anderson entered a not guilty plea to nine felonies including Fleeing, Possession of a Firearm as a Convicted Felon, Hit and Run causing Injury and Failure to Comply.

The Juneau Police Department initiated a pursuit with a Chevrolet Envoy allegedly driven by Anderson just after 8pm January 30th. The chase continued to Beaver Dam where Anderson reportedly struck a police car which stopped the Envoy on South University Avenue past Stone Street. The officer then approached the vehicle with their weapon drawn and utilized a window punch to gain access to the Envoy in attempts to turn the ignition off.

According to the criminal complaint, Anderson told the officer that he had a gun and reached for the passenger side center console. There was a woman sitting in the front passenger seat so the officer disengaged due to potential crossfire. Anderson then allegedly fled the scene, nearly striking an officer before hitting a marked patrol car. During the pursuit, Anderson reportedly hit a total of three law enforcement vehicles before running off the road just west of Crystal Lake Road between Beaver Dam and Juneau. The passenger was able to escape.

Anderson exited the Envoy allegedly brandishing a silver handgun before reentering. After eight hours of negotiations authorities used (quote) “less lethal gas rounds” in attempts to get Anderson to exit the vehicle. The extraction plan was executed safely and the 25-year-old was taken into custody around 4:18am the next morning. After the handgun was secured by police, it was discovered that it did not have a firing pin rendering it inoperable. However there was one cartridge in the chamber and three cartridges in the weapons magazine.

If convicted, Anderson faces over 50 years behind bars.