(Rome) A retired firefighter killed in a Jefferson County home explosion has been identified. Mike Revolinski had served as chief of the Rome fire Department. His home was flattened Tuesday just before 2:00 p-m, causing multiple evacuations. Friends say Revolinski’s wife lived in the home, but she was away when the blast happened. It was apparently caused by a natural gas leak but the Division of Criminal Investigation is making an official determination. Nearby homes were damaged by the explosion, but no other injuries were reported.