Fire Damages Kitchen In Beaver Dam Duplex

(Beaver Dam) A cooking related fire heavily damaged a kitchen in a Beaver Dam duplex Monday afternoon. The Beaver Dam Fire Department was dispatched to 113 Rosendale Street at 2:40pm. Upon arrival, crews reported smoke coming from the second floor of the two story duplex home. Occupants of the first and second floor apartments were out and safe when first responders arrived. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze located in the second floor kitchen with a single hose line and dry chemical extinguisher. No injuries were reported and crews remained on scene for about one hour. Fire Chief Alan Mannel says the second floor occupants reported the cooking fire began when they had a pan of oil burning on the stove. The American Red Cross was called to assist the displaced residents. Assisting at the scene were the Beaver Dam Police Department and Inspectional Services.