Fire Sweeps Through Randolph Residence

(Randolph) No injuries were reported after fire swept through a home in the Village of Randolph Tuesday night. Crews from seven departments responded to the blaze at 139 Center Street around 8pm. No word yet on the cause but the fire is believed to have started in the garage of the single-family residence; both structures were destroyed. A neighboring home sustained minor damage. The scene was cleared after three-and-a-half hours but crews returned to the property around 2am to address a hot spot. The home is owned by Wayne Vanderploeg a prominent member of the community who sits on the Randolph School Board. The fire remains under investigation.

Photo from Randolph EMS Facebook page