Crews Respond To Waupun Dryer Fire

(Waupun) The Waupun Fire Department responded to a dryer fire yesterday (Sunday). Crews arrived just before 6pm to find fire visible in a dryer and smoke filling Waupun Laundry at 26 Brandon Street.  An occupant in the building attempted to use an extinguisher to put out the flames before crews arrived but was unsuccessful.  It took personnel around one hour to snuff out the fire and complete overhaul. Everyone was able to evacuate the building before units arrived on scene. The building, owned by Dykstra Properties, sustained smoke damage and the dryer sustained severe damage. The contents in the dryer were destroyed.  No injuries were reported. Agencies assisting at the scene included the Waupun Police Department and Lifestar Ambulance.