Bin Of Battery Parts Catches Fire At Fox Lake Business

(Fox Lake) A bin of battery parts caught fire during the overnight hours Thursday at GlobalTech Environment in Fox Lake. The Fox Lake Fire Department was made aware of the blaze at the business located on 205 North Depot Street around 8:20am Friday. Fire Chief Aaron Paul says when fire crews arrived on scene smoke was visible coming from the structures dock doors. The fire was located in a bin that contained nickel-metal hydride batteries. Paul says firefighters utilized dry sand to cool the fire because water would have caused a negative reaction. Once the temperature of the blaze was diminished the bin was taken outside where crews used water to extinguish the remaining fire. No serious damage was done to the building and no injuries were reported. Paul says the fire is not under investigation and believes the cause was a result of spontaneous combustion.  A department hovercraft was used to ventilate the building. Assisting at the scene was the Dodge County Sheriff’s Office and Emergency Management, the Fox Lake Police Department and EMS and fire departments from Randolph and Beaver Dam.