Weekend Fire Damages Madison Group Home

1/2/12 – A weekend fire caused 100 thousand dollars’ damage to a Madison group home, but all nine residents managed to get out safely. Firefighters report they arrived at the Goodwill Group

Home at about 11:45 p.m. Saturday. Flames were already shooting from a first-floor window and crews could see heavy smoke coming from a door. Eight residents and a live-in counselor were in the building when the first started in the laundry room. Most of them were sleeping, so they were running outside in pajamas and bare feet or socks. A Madison Metro bus helped keep them warm and the American Red Cross provided blankets. Those residents have been moved to other Goodwill Group Homes.