Waupun Fire Chief Warns Of Accidental Fires From Candles

(Waupun) Candles add to the holiday atmosphere, but they also add to the chances of an accidental fire. Waupun Fire Chief B.J. DeMaa says if you are going to use them place them in an area where aren’t likely to be accidentally knocked over. He also recommends placing them on a level non-combustible surface. According to the National Fire Protection Association 56 percent of the December home decoration fires were started by candles compared to 31 percent from January through November.