“THIRSTY BEAVER KARAOKE”
“Where a singing beaver is a happy beaver”
Sunday, June 30th
Registration: Noon – 1pm
Karaoke: 1pm – 4pm
First place winner takes home $500 CASH!
Second place winner receives a $50 Thirsty Beaver Gift Certificate & a $50 Verizon Wireless Zone Gift Certificate.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Thirsty Beaver Karaoke promotion (the “Promotion”) being conducted by WBEV/WXRO 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam WI 53916 (“GKB”) beginning on Sunday, June 30th, 2019 at Noon CST and ending on Sunday, June 30th, 2019 at 4pm CST or until the winners are decided.
- All performances are limited to six (6) minutes.
- In the event that a Participant(s) endures a technical malfunction as determined by WBEV/WXRO and Good Karma Broadcasting team members (“Malfunction”), the Participant(s) will have the option to re-start his/her performance at no penalty.
- Malfunctions include but are not limited to: skipping of digital audio; microphone cutting out / dropping out; echo or feedback through speakers.
- Malfunctions do not include: Participant’s movements/actions causing audio to skip; Participant(s) turning off hand-held microphone while performing.
- If it is determined by WBEV/WXRO and Good Karma Broadcasting team members that a Participant(s) actively caused a Malfunction, that Participant(s) may be disqualified from that individual qualifying contests.
- During a performance, Participants are not permitted to yield the microphone to any other persons on location for the purpose of aiding the Participant(s); failure to follow this may result in disqualification.
- Participants are permitted to engage the audience in singing along to background vocals during the performance of a song.
- Participants are not permitted to distract other Participants at any time; failure to follow this may result in disqualification.
- Participants are not permitted to use any obscene gestures or language during performances; failure to follow this may result in disqualification.
- In the event that multiple Acts are tied, the winner will be determined by a coin toss.
- All decisions made are to be considered final.
- All disqualifications and associated penalties will be determined by WBEV/WXRO and Good Karma Broadcasting team members.
SONG SELECTION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Participants are required to use audio equipment provided by the DJ, including but not limited to microphones, speakers and vocal/audio processing devices; Participants are not permitted to use any additional equipment beyond what is provided by the DJ.
- Participants MAY PERFORM A SONG FROM ANY GENRE OF MUSIC
- Participants will select a song contained within the karaoke library provided by the DJ
- In the event that multiple Participants choose the same song for performance, Participants will be given the option to choose a different song; Participants are not required to change songs.
- Participants are not permitted to perform songs that contain lyrics or themes that are determined to be vulgar, obscene or sexually explicit. As determined by Good Karma Broadcasting team members at the event.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion and preliminary competition is open to all persons who are 21 and older and who reside in South Central WI. Employees of GKB, its subsidiary and affiliated entities, GKB’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the South Central WI area and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, or children) and/or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Potential entrants are not eligible as Participants if: they are under contract with any entity within the entertainment industry, or if they have, or had a relationship with the radio station that would conflict with their participation in the contest, to be determined by Good Karma Broadcasting.
- The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide his or her complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and GKB will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. GKB will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- The first-place prize will be $500 cash.
- The second place prize will be a $50 gift card to the Thirsty Beaver in Beaver Dam & a $50 gift card to the Verizon Wireless Zone in Beaver Dam.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of GKB at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within forty-five (45) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. GKB is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that GKB may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Acts will be judged by multiple individuals (“Audience”) who are at the event at the time of the competition.
- The Audience will wait until the end to write down their favorite act and place their vote into a bucket.
- All votes will be added up and the act with the most votes will be the winner. The act with the second most votes will be the second place winner.
- Ballots will be handed out to the audience as they arrive to the Party Bar behind the Thirsty Beaver.
- Everyone that is at the venue can and will receive a fan vote ballot.
- Fan votes must be turned in to GKB teammates by the end of designated song – chosen by DJ the night of the event.
- In the event that more than 25 acts sign up to be a Participant(s), GKB will decide if there is enough time after the 25 acts perform to add on any additional acts. Priority to enter into that contests will be given to those that showed up at the earliest time.
- Order of competition will be determined by random drawing performed by WBEV/WXRO and Good Karma Broadcasting team members.
- Decisions of GKB management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by GKB in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize(s) or prize certificate(s), GKB, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner(s) (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless GKB, its subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of GKB that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, GKB reserves the right to select the winner(s) by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winner(s).
- GKB, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of GKB’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If GKB makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, GKB reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- GKB reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of GKB, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, GKB reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- GKB is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by Monday, July 1st, 2019 to “The Thirsty Beaver Karaoke – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, GKB 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam WI 53916 For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by October 9th, 2019 to the above address marked “The Thirsty Beaver Karaoke – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of GKB and may be posted online at dailydodge.com
Administrator: GKB 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam WI 53916
Sponsor: Thirsty Beaver 500 Madison Street, Beaver Dam WI 53916