“Luck of the Irish”
Submit your essay on why you or someone you know is down on your luck and could use $300 cash. The Heffron Family Fund, part of the Beaver Dam Area Community Foundation and an Anonymous Leprechaun, who is an avid listener and supporter of WBEV and Good Karma Broadcasting will judge the entries & decide on 8 fans to win.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Luck of the Irish promotion (the “Promotion”) being conducted by WBEV/95X 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam WI 53916 (“GKB”) beginning on February 26th, 2021 and ending on March 19th, 2021 at 5pm CST.
The Promotion: Enter your 1 to 4 page essay on why you or someone you know is down on your luck and could use $300 cash. Entry deadline is 5pm March 19th. Written entries may be sent to 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam, Wi 53916. 8 winning entries will be contacted and announced by March 24, 2021. Complete rules below.
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s):
- To participate in the Promotion, you may log onto the Contest page on dailydodge.com and follow the links and instructions to enter the Promotion and submit your first and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, attach your 1 to 4 page essay about your need of funding and provide a valid email address in the online entry form. Only one internet entry per person and one internet entry per email address is permitted. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by GKB. GKB’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. GKB is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological problems. Each entrant must agree to GKB’s online submission release in order to submit his or her entry.
To participate in the Promotion, you may also mail a letter to 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam WI 53016. All entries must be received by March 19th, 2021 5pm CST. GKB is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who reside in Dodge County, Wisconsin. Employees of GKB, its subsidiary and affiliated entities, GKB’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, or children) and/or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by GKB only once every seven (7) days and only once every thirty (30) days if the prize is valued over $600. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any GKB promotion.
- The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide his or her complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and GKB will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. GKB will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- 8 prizes will be awarded in this Promotion. Each prize consists of the following:
$300 cash prize.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the Heffron White House at this address, 112 Washington St, Beaver Dam WI 53916. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within forty-five (45) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. GKB is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that GKB may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of GKB management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Short essays including need of funding may be submitted February 26th through March 19th, 2021 at 5pm CST.
Examples of need of funding:
Job Seeking Expenses
- Judging will take place by The Heffron Family Fund, part of the Beaver Dam Area Community Foundation and an Anonymous Leprechaun, March 20th, 2021 & March 23th, 2021.
- Winners will be announced on March 24th, 2021.
- Odds of winning a prize depends upon the number of entries & the need of funding.
- The winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of winning or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected by the Heffron Family Foundation selecting a new short essay to win. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by GKB in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize(s) or prize certificate(s), GKB, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner(s) (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless GKB, its subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of GKB that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, GKB reserves the right to select the winner(s) by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winner(s).
- GKB, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of GKB’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If GKB makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, GKB reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- GKB reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of GKB, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, GKB reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- GKB is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 24th, 2021 to “The Luck of the Irish – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, GKB 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam WI 53916. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by May 20th, 2021 to the above address marked “The Luck of the Irish – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of GKB and may be posted online at dailydodge.com.
Administrator: GKB 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam WI 53916
Sponsor: The Heffron Family Fund, part of the Beaver Dam Area Community Foundation and an Anonymous Leprechaun, who is an avid listener and supporter of WBEV and Good Karma Broadcasting