Ripon Home Completely Destroyed In Sunday Fire

(Ripon) A home in the town of Ripon was destroyed during a fire Sunday afternoon. Ripon firefighters responded to N9304 County Highway E just before 5pm with visible flames and smoke coming from the structure. There were four residents inside the residence which is owned by Scott Henke at the time of blaze, all evacuated with no injuries. Although two cats are unaccounted for. Fond du Lac Sheriff’s Sergeant Ryan Zitlow says the fire does not appear to be suspicious and started in the dryer located inside the home. Assisting at the scene were Fond du Lac Fire as well as fire departments from Brandon-Fairwater, Princeton, Markesan, Oshkosh, Omro, Neshkoro, North Fond du Lac, Kingston, Oakfield, Utica, Alto, Berlin, Rosendale, Lamartine, Van Dyne, Waupun, Campbellsport, Mt. Calvary and Calumet.