3/15/17 – The Neosho Fire Department had their hands full Monday with two separate fires. The first fire was reported at 2:15pm at a duplex on Riverview Drive in the Village of Neosho. Fire Chief Mike Duernberger says the fire was electrical in nature and started in the basement before flames spread to the floor joists. There was minor damage reported and no injuries. Neosho received mutual assistance from fire departments in Hustisford, Ashippun, Woodland, Iron Ridge and Hartford. The scene was cleared after four hours. Neosho fire officials responded to a chimney fire on Pond Road in the Town of Rubicon later that same evening (Mon) just before 10pm. Chief Duernberger says the homeowner was able to extinguish most of the flames before crews arrived on scene. Firefighters used chimney chains to scrape out the burning creosote and stopped the fire from extending into the home. There were no injuries. Neosho Fire, who was assisted by departments from Woodland and Iron Ridge, was on scene for two hours. Both residences are habitable.