Madison Child Abuse Family Seeks Bond Reduction

3/2/12 – A judge in Madison will be asked Friday to reduce the bail for a Madison couple accused of starving their 15-year-old daughter. And the father has asked that he be allowed to stay away from future court proceedings. The couple has been in jail since being charged last month, because their bonds are 22-to-30-thousand dollars. Their attorneys say those bonds don’t need to be that high, because neither defendant is at risk of fleeing Madison while their cases are being heard. The father did not explain why he wanted to be excused from all future court proceedings. His lawyer says the man is an eight-year Army veteran who was honorably discharged – he’s had a steady job for five years – and he’s had no prior arrests. Prosecutors said they allowed their 15-year-old daughter to starve for several years in their basement of their Madison home. The girl’s step-brother is also charged with molesting and abusing her. He’s scheduled to enter pleas in the case on March 19th.