SOCIAL MEDIA WELLNESS, Ana Homayoun
Solutions for navigating an ever-changing social media world
Today’s students face a challenging paradox: the digital tools they need to complete their work are often the source of their biggest distractions. Students can quickly become overwhelmed trying to manage the daily confluence of online interactions with schoolwork, extracurricular activities, and family life. Written by noted author and educator Ana Homayoun, Social Media Wellness is the first book to successfully decode the new language of social media for parents and educators and provide pragmatic solutions to help students.
Today is: Great Foods-World Pasta-Comic Books
Clever Uses for Pencil Erasers:
- Remove sticker gunk-an eraser works as a mild abrasive to get residue off glass and metal surfaces.
- Secure your earrings-if you need a quick fix wheb you lose an earring back, break the eraser off a pencil and poke the post through it.
- Polish silver-rub a pencil eraser on dull silver jewelry. The rubber particles will absorb oil and residue, leaving your accessories as shiny as ever.
- Extend battery life. Lightly brush the contact points of a dying battery with an eraser to remove the nickel or iron oxides that build up and cause a drop-in voltage.
- Spruce up suede. Gently run an eraser over suede shoes or clothing to remove minor stains and marks.
Windowsill Herb Gardens
Greek Oregano is a perennial that can be taken from an established plant. Just separate off a chunk and pot it up. Or you can start from seed, however it may take a few months to reach a harvestible size.
Basil is an annual so it’s best to start new plants from seed.
Thyme (caraway, lemon, narrow-leaved French and English garden types) are perennials and can be divided from the parent plant.
Parsley is a biennial plant, which means it goes to seed in the second season. New plants can be started from seed but if you’re potting up an existing plant, use a deep container to avoid injuring the tap root.
Sage is a perennial and can be grown from a softwood cutting or by division. Try a tri-colored or golden sage plant for a more decorative look. The flavor is not as pronounced but they grow better indoors.
Rosemary is a tender perennial. You can take cuttings from an established plant. Rosemary can be fussy as it needs bright light, a cool location, lots or air circulation and frequent misting. The extra pampering is worth it.
Cilantro is best started from seed but it grows fast. Use it before it flowers for best flavor.
10:30-11AM: FALL GARDEN DOCTOR PROGRAM with Dick Zondag of Jung’s Garden Center