(Beaver Dam) A gas leak forced the evacuation of the Menards store in Beaver Dam this morning. The Beaver Dam Fire Department was called to the businesses around 7:50am. Deputy Fire Chief Matthew Christian says a contractor for Full Range Maintenance of Oshkosh called, reporting that they struck a gas main that supplies Menards. The contractor, who was working on an upgrade to the entrance of a lumber yard at the time of the incident, was using a backhoe when they made contact with the gas main. Menards was evacuated and closed during the leak. Alliant Energy was also dispatched to the scene and was able to stop the leak within an hour. Christian says Alliant Energy aided the fire department in monitoring the air for explosive limits throughout the incident. Menards reopened shortly after the leak was stopped. The fire department was assisted by the Beaver Dam Police Department and Alliant Energy who lead the investigation into how the leak occurred.