|Food Service Worker|
|Company or Organization|
|198 Cty. Rd. J, Juneau|
Hours Vary Between 6:00a.m.-9:30a.m.
Wage Range $12.51-$16.27 per hour
Under the general direction of Director of Dietary Services, performs routine work incidental to food preparation and serving on resident households, including assisting in resident feeding. Provides training to new staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directly responsible for dishwashing operation and sanitation in Household support spaces
2. Helps move food product in and out of main kitchen area to resident Households. Portions food and serves in accordance with diet and preferences
3. Participate in meal service in dining rooms, including set –up of meals and feeding residents
4. Daily cleaning of food service equipment and the dietary environment in Households and the main kitchen
5. Bakes food items on the Household as necessary
6. Participates in resident and facility emergencies
7. Functions as a member of the team and participates in routine Household meetings
8. Completes all mandatory in-services
9. Reports change of resident condition and tracks/updates resident diet changes
10. Regular attendance and punctuality required.
11. Represents Clearview in a positive and professional manner at all times while at work.
12. Performs related duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of and respect for resident’s rights
Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies and procedures
Knowledge of state and applicable federal codes
Ability to demonstrate techniques of prevention and management of physical crisis
Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to read and comprehend printed work (i.e. production sheets, recipes, diet modifications, etc.)
Ability to perform simple math and comprehend military time
Ability to recognize change in resident’s condition
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and work as cooperative team member.
Must have flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet resident, staffing or facility needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED equivalent with six (6) months prior experience in food service, preferably in an institutional setting, or acceptable equivalent. Must be certified as a feeding assistant or become certified within orientation period.
Long-term care facility environment with exposure to infectious agents, chemical agents and behavioral residents. Must be able to work in an environment where specialized resident programs are implemented. Occasional working under distractions and difficult circumstances.
The County of Dodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
|End Date for Job Posting|