Fire Sparked By Faulty Extension Cord Destroys House

(Osceola) A home in Osceola was completely destroyed by fire yesterday Sunday morning. Around 10:30am the Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Office received reports of the blaze at W726 Birchwood Drive. Initially the garage was consumed by fire but it quickly spread to the residence which is owned by Jeff and Deborah McCarey. All occupants evacuated safely and no injuries were reported. Two vehicles located inside the garage were destroyed. The blaze is believed to have started as a result of a faulty extension cord in a nearby room in the garage. Responding fire departments include Campbellsport, Eden, Brownsville, St. Cloud, Mt. Calvary, North Fond du Lac, City of Fond du Lac, Lomira, Cascade, Kewaskum and Beechwood.