Fire At Sensient Flavors

1/21/12 – Crews from three departments and the Dodge County Hazmat Team responded to a fire Friday night at Sensient Flavors. Juneau Fire Chief Curt Ninmann says the structure fire at 330 South Mill Street was reported at 7:45pm. The blaze started in an oil heater dryer, was brought under control within 35 minutes and was contained to a mechanical room. Ninmann says oil and water run-off in the building was handled by the plant’s internal wastewater treatment facility, with the remaining run-off from fire fighting operations outside the building was controlled by the Dodge County HAZMAT team. A private contractor was contacted to dispose of the waste run-off. The Juneau Fire Department was assisted by Clyman Fire Department and Horicon Fire Department.