Easter Morning Fire Damages Town of Calamus Home

(Beaver Dam) Fire damaged a mobile home in the Town of Calamus on Sunday morning. Crews responded to N7253 Forest Road Lot 38 just after 7am after dispatch received a call from homeowner Craig Schultz. Beaver Dam Assistant Fire Chief Matt Christian says upon arrival, smoke and flames were visible from the roof of the structure. Firefighters were able access the mobile home and attack the flames. The majority of the blaze was put out quickly. However, an addition to the mobile home was under construction and fire got into the roofing materials making it difficult to access hot spots. There was major damage to the roof around the chimney. The cause of the fire was determined to be a wood burning stove. The home owner and their two dogs were able to exit the structure prior to the fire department’s arrival on scene.  The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross. The scene was cleared after about two hours. Beaver Dam was assisted by fire departments in Horicon, Juneau, Watertown, Hustisford, Lowell and Burnett along with Alliant Energy and the Adams-Columbia Electric Co-op.