|Director of Nursing|
|Company or Organization|
|Beaver Dam Healthcare Center|
|Beaver Dam, Wisconsin|
|Director of Nursing:
We’re counting on our Director of Nursing, to lead one of the most technically advanced nursing environments in healthcare. At Beaver Dam Health Care Center, our nurses utilize Computerized Medical Records, Automated Dispensing Technology and much more. Our goal is to give nurses more time to interact with their patients while giving each Director of Nursing more time to lead their staff. Beaver Dam Healthcare Center, shares your passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare one person, one family and one community at a time. No wonder we’ve earned more AHCA/NCAL quality awards than any other post-acute healthcare provider. Our commitment to outstanding care continues with you.
Plans, coordinates and manages the nursing department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to residents. Maintains quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory standards. Assumes responsibilities of daily operations of the facility in the Executive Director’s absence.
· Oversees the nursing staff for the provision of quality and appropriate resident / patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
· Assists in the preparation of annual budget for the facility. Monitors monthly performance of nursing services in relation to budget and intervenes as needed.
· Schedules and performs rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
· Maintains administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care, medications and treatments.
· Hires nursing staff, oversee the provision of orientation/training by a qualified Director of Education and retains qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services. Reviews employee performance and conducts periodic performance appraisals timely.
· Develops and implements the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and patient population.
· Evaluates current and potential residents and patients to determine and maintain facility’s ability to provide appropriate level of care.
· Maintains regular and ongoing communication with the facility’s Medical Director to identify educational needs for staff and provide quality care and services to meet the needs of residents.
· Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
· Manages clinical aspects of state or federal government survey processes.
· Conducts daily Clinical Start-up meeting with the interdisciplinary team to review resident and patient status.
· Attends the weekly at risk meeting and reviews modifications to residents’ and patient’s plan of care.
· Oversees and monitors the Resident Assessment process for accuracy, attends care planning conferences periodically to determine compliance with care planning guidelines.
· Collects, reviews and analyzes clinical outcome data and determines trends. Brings identified concerns to the Q&A committee for development of appropriate plans of action.
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
· Valid State licensure as an RN
· Must hold and maintain a current CPR certification\
· One to three (1-3) years of management or supervisory experience in long-term care or acute care. Restorative or geriatric nursing experience preferred.
· Experience in supervising nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
· Proficient in the use of personal computer including Microsoft Office
· Must be able to travel, including overnight stays.
· Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
· Must have ability to complete multiple projects.
· Capable of working with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
· Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with residents, families, and other employees at all levels.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. DrugFree Workplace.