Commercial Structure Fire In Watertown Causes Over $100K In Damages

(Watertown) A fire at a commercial structure in Watertown caused over $100-thousand-dollars in damages. The Watertown Fire Department responded to 1220 American Way around 2:12pm Friday.

Upon arrival, crews found smoke coming from an open garage door. An employee had used a fire extinguisher, which helped control the spread of the blaze until the fire department reached the scene. Firefighters used a hose line to extinguish the remaining fire and fans to ventilate smoke from the building.

Officials say there was one reported injury and that person was transported to the hospital for evaluation. Crews were on scene for about two hours.

The following investigation revealed that the fire originated from hot embers after the use of machinery. Loss estimates are roughly $125-thousand-dollars for the building, equipment, and other content.

The Watertown Fire Department urges everyone to learn how to use a fire extinguisher to help prevent the spread of flames. Officials with the department say you can contact them to set up fire extinguisher training opportunities.