(Beaver Dam) A fire broke out at a local business in Beaver Dam Monday night. According to a press release from the Beaver Dam Fire Department, units were dispatched at approximately 8:49pm to the Thirsty Beaver located at 500 1/2 Madison Street.
Upon arrival, crews found a fire on the second floor of the structure. A hose line was quickly deployed to the rear of the building and extinguished the blaze on the outside. Firefighters then entered the bar to fully put out the fire.
Fire Chief Michael Wesle says crews remained on scene for around one hour to conduct overhaul, ensure that flames were completely extinguished, and to ventilate the building. Wesle says the fire remains under investigation, but it appears to be accidental in nature.
The residents above the Thirsty Beaver were allowed to return to their apartment once the scene was cleared. The business’s Facebook page says they will be open at 2pm Tuesday. They add that all staff and family are safe.