BDFD Responds To Small Appliance Fire

6/10/11 – The Beaver Dam Fire Department responded to a small appliance fire early this morning. Chief Alan Mannel says crews responded just before 1am to a home on the 200 block of East Davis Street. He says when he arrived he could smell burning plastic. It turned out to be a dehumidifier. There was minor fire damage reported to a small portion of the ceiling area above the unit in the basement. The house was ventilated but the residents were forced to find somewhere else to spend the night because the electricity had been shut-off. Mannel says the residence is otherwise completely livable.