(Beaver Dam) The Beaver Dam Area Community Foundation recently announced that over $23-thousand-dollars in grants will be disbursed to 18 Dodge County non-profits. Grants from the foundation are intended to provide seed money to organizations that have identified needs and have designed constructive action programs aimed at solutions.
Foundation Co-Founder and President Tom Heffron says over the last three years, they have awarded grants to over 40 worthy Dodge County non-profits each of which improves their community in important ways and provides services for children and families.
He says the Beaver Dam Area Community Foundation will continue to support the dedicated agencies and organizations in 2023 and beyond through the generosity of donors, Children’s Radiothon, and other fundraisers.
Click HERE to learn more about the grant and its cycles.
Organizations receiving funds include:
- New Beginnings Homeless Shelter – $2,000 to ensure the continuity of safe housing, meals, and case management.
- Beaver Dam Community Theatre – $1,500 to purchase scrim for the stage.
- Beaver Dam Do Dads, Inc. – $1,000 for a variety of upkeep needs that will make the builder safer and more accessible.
- Beaver Dam Lake Improvement Association, Inc. – $1,000 to purchase buoys for Beaver Dam Lake.
- Beaverland Must-Skis – $1,000 to purchase a pair of youth-sized jump skis to train young water skiers more effectively and safely.
- Bo William Hartwig Foundation – $2,000 for the Project Christmas Cheer Program which adopts 10-15 families of child-loss.
- Church Health Services, Inc. – $2,000 to increase the amount of substance abuse/misuse programming and therapy offered at Beaver Dam High School.
- Dodge County Conservation KAMO – $1,000 for events and seasonal mentoring offerings.
- Dodge County Home & Community Education – $1,000 for books utilized by the Wisconsin Bookworms.
- Friends of Clausen Park in Fox Lake, WI – $1,000 to purchase a portion of playground equipment, park amenities, and bench swings.
- Living Hope Food Pantry – $1,000 to provide Christmas dinners to participating families.
- Red Line Club of Beaver Dam – $1,000 for girl’s high school hockey needs.
- Saint Katharine Drexel School Band Guild – $2,500 to purchase and replace 50 music stands.
- The Arc of Dodge County, Inc. – $1,000 for the purchase of new computer software and a new printer.
- The Gathering Source – $1,500 to complete the installation of the TGS garden shed.
- Waupun Fine Arts – $515 to replace signs that promote the free concert series and the fine art fair.
- Waupun Historical Society – $1,000 for the construction of a new sign at the Waupun Heritage Museum.
- YMCA of Dodge County – $1,000 for the Our Gifts Change Lives Campaign which provides YMCA access regardless of income.