Authorities In Mayville Deal With “Very Minor” Gas Leak At St. Mary’s School

(Mayville) Authorities in Mayville dealt with a minor gas leak at St. Mary’s School Friday morning. The police department was dispatched to the building located on 28 Naber Street around 8am for a report of an unusual odor. After arriving, an officer requested the Mayville Fire Department respond with their gas detection equipment. Police Chief Jim Ketchem says a natural gas leak was detected in the furnace room of the school which was well ventilated and did not spread to any other part of the structure. Alliant Energy soon after arrived on scene and they determined the gas leak was very minor and did not present a risk to the school, staff or students. Ketchem says Alliant Energy, the school’s maintenance staff and contractors gave the all clear just after 9am.