|Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]|
To serve as Accompanist during worship and special musical events.
• Prepare and play and if necessary, record organ/piano music (i.e., prelude, hymns, responses, offertories, accompaniment of soloists, postlude, etc.) as selected by Pastor for all worship services.
• Practice with and accompany choir, soloists, and other special music as needed with prior notice.
• Recommend the tuning, maintenance, replacement, and/or purchase of new musical instruments including the organ, pianos, keyboard(s).
• Maintain subscriptions and licensing to legally use other published materials.
• Ensure all copyright laws are followed regarding music performance, distribution, and reproduction including, without limitation, complying with all reporting and other requirements set forth in any music licenses.
• Participate in the Christmas and May special music services.
• Arrange for a substitute when not able to be present.
• Weddings and funerals are handled separately from scheduled church functions; however, may be asked to perform for such services (compensation is separate).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Be an experienced instrumental musician (if need be in a solo environment).
• Formal music training preferred.
• Understand how to use music to bring a seamless flow to the worship experience.
• Must be comfortable in a reformed worship environment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Previous church accompanist experience preferred.
• Must have own library of music.
• Ability and willingness to play a variety of styles and lead both contemporary and traditional worship music.
• Sunday morning worship (one service). Consulting with special musical numbers as needed.
• Thursday evening choir rehearsal mid-August through mid-May.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of various schedules including attending all worship services.
• All Sunday services (except vacation Sundays), plus Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, and occasional Good Friday.