Small Explosion In Theresa Home Traced Back To Faulty Dehumidifier

7/6/17 – A faulty dehumidifier is believed to be the cause of a small fire at a residence in Theresa on Tuesday. The call was reported to authorities by the homeowner as an “explosion” that occurred just before 6:30am on Allen Road and crews were on scene for around two hours. Second Assistant Fire Chief Andy Wolf says there were no injuries and the homeowner safely evacuated without incident. The home sustained smoke damage which was confined to the finished basement. Wolf urges the public to check online to see if their dehumidifier is on the list of units that have been recalled. Beaver Dam Fire Chief Alan Mannel also asked the public to check the recall list after a June 22 fire on Cleveland Street that started as the result of a recalled dehumidifier. While this was the first fire resulting from a dehumidifier in Theresa, Mannel says Beaver Dam has responded to several fires that can be traced back to a recall list.

 

The Consumer Product Safety Commission Midea Recall:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/Dehumidifiers-Made-by-Midea-Recalled

 

A 2013 Dehumidifier Recall from Gree

http://greedehumidifierrecall.com/ProductEntry.aspx