UPDATED MONDAY 5pm – (Columbia County) A single lane closure in the northbound lanes of I-39 southbound near Portage in Columbia County remains in place. The southbound lane was down to single lanes until Monday afternoon. In Dane County, US 14 is closed between Cross Plains and Black Earth with traffic being detoured to WIS 78 and US 12. Due to the recent flooding and potential for more rainfall, motorists may encounter closed roads or road crews working to reopen the flooded highways. Lengthy delays are expected and drivers are urged to use alternate routes in north-central and south-central Wisconsin. Up-to-date lists of state highways impacted by flooding can be found on 511wi.gov.
From the Wisconsin Department of Transportation:
Motorists are also reminded not to drive through standing water or around barriers. Use the designated detour route as many state, county and local roads are experiencing flooding.
- I-39 northbound single lane closure near Portage. Both southbound lanes are open.
- WIS 131 is closed from US 60 to Stueben. No detour.
- US 14 is closed between Cross Plains and Black Earth; traffic detoured via WIS 78 and US 12.
- WIS 22 is closed at the Main Street bridge over the Montello River in Montello; traffic detoured via WIS 33, WIS 44 and WIS 73.
- WIS 33 is closed at Albert Street in Reedsburg. No detour.
- WIS 136 is closed from WIS 33 (Rock Springs) to WIS 154 (Rock Springs). No detour.
- WIS 154 is closed between WIS 23 (South of Reedsburg) and WIS 136 (Rock Springs). No detour.
- WIS 131 is closed between Ontario and Rockton. Traffic is detoured via WIS 82 and WIS 33.
- WIS 131 is closed from County S to Viola. No detour.