Shed Damaged By Fire In Town of Clyman

(Town of Clyman) Fire damaged a large shed in the Town of Clyman Tuesday morning. Crews responded at 9:40am to N3159 Highway M. Fire Chief Eric Howlett says the property owner had just gone inside his house when he happened to look out the window and notice heavy smoke coming from the overhead doors of the structure. Personnel encountered heavy smoke and flames inside the shed upon entrance. Howlett says a quick offensive attack was used on the flames and they were able to contain the blaze within 20-to-30 minutes on scene. Due to the nature of the fire and the contents in the building, firefighters remained on scene for three hours dealing with hotspots; the flames had extended up into the attic trusses and into the sidewalls. The chief says the cause was a faulty electrical issue on a boat inside the shed. The building and its contents, valued at $150-thousand dollars, sustained heavy smoke and water damage from the heat of the fire and the amount of water needed for containment. The Clyman Fire Department was assisted by fire department from Reeseville, Lowell, Watertown, Hustisford, Lebanon, Juneau, Beaver Dam, and Ixonia along with Juneau EMS and the Dodge County Sheriff’s office.