Starting Wage Range $26.42 – $34.51/hour. **Additional $1.00/hr PM/NOC Shift Differential and $1.50/hour Weekend Pay**
Supervises total nursing care of all residents within specific households, and all staff activities on those households. Provides training for new staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervises resident admission, transfer, or discharge processes and all related records.
2. Assures resident care plans and staffing, staff conferences, level of cares and all related records are completed correctly.
3. Prioritizes, organizes, and directs care of residents/participants through assigned individuals and duties.
4. Orients, assigns, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines subordinates.
5. Supervises/evaluates resident care.
6. Documents nursing assessment, interventions, individual’s responses, effectiveness of treatments, complications, etc.
7. Reports significant change in resident/participant condition to the physician as appropriate.
8. Receives and implements physicians orders.
9. Monitors resident care for compliance with standards.
10. Reports to the Unit Manager/ADON/DON regularly and when problems arise.
11. Functions as a member of the team and participates in routine Household meetings and duties.
12. Participates in resident and facility emergencies.
13. Attends all mandatory in-services and routinely attends nurses meetings
14. Regular attendance and punctuality required.
15. Performs related duties as may be required or assigned
16. Represents Clearview in a positive and professional manner at all times at work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies and procedures
•Knowledge of state and applicable federal codes
•Knowledge and ability to apply the principles and practices of restorative nursing, psychiatric nursing, geriatric nursing, and medical/surgical nursing.
•Knowledge of and the ability to apply supervisory principles and practices.
•Ability to communicate effectively.
•Ability to work independently on responsible and confidential administrative assignments.
•Ability to work alone or with others.
•Ability to relate to residents and subordinates.
•Ability to maintain accurate/complete records and prepare complex reports.
•Must have flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet resident, staffing or facility needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree; four year Bachelor’s degree from accredited nursing program preferred. Current Wisconsin license as Registered Nurse required. Previous experience in restorative, psychiatric, geriatric nursing, and medical/surgical nursing. At least one year nursing supervisory experience preferred. CPR certification required.
Long-term care facility environment with exposure to infectious agents, chemical agents and behavioral residents. Must be able to work in an environment where specialized resident programs are implemented. Occasional working under distractions and difficult circumstances.
The County of Dodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.