|• Safety – works safely using proper lifting techniques, identifying safety hazards, and looking out for the wellbeing of others
• Quality – thorough block inspection looking for extraneous, misshapen blocks, or other defects as well as potential quality risks
• Teamwork – shows initiative and cooperation with others to ensure efficient production runs
• Awareness & Initiative – recognizing opportunities and completing tasks to assist others without direction
• Packaging – Responsible for meeting customer specifications and labeling each tote with weights, vat numbers, and the number of blocks.
• Ability to work any or all positions: Clean-up/sanitation, Rapid Pak, Cage Let Out, Sampling, Packaging cheese in totes and possibly Driving Lift Truck
• Performs all other duties as assigned. (However, some may become primary)
• Rotates between the responsibility of shredding and packaging quality cheese products and sanitation of the packaging plant and equipment throughout the week.
• Performs all line packaging responsibilities and the following: disassembles, rinses, foams, scrubs, sanitizes and reassembles equipment in the packaging plant. (Requires a mechanical aptitude.); and rinses, foams, and scrubs the floors in the packaging plant.
• OT as required.
• Values that align with the Saputo culture: Respect, Teamwork, Openness, Ownership, Commitment, Integrity, Passion.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to lift and/or push up to 50-55 pounds frequently.
• Must be comfortable working 8 or 12-hour shifts in a high speed packaging department