Oakfield Home Sustains Water And Smoke Damage From Fire

(Oakfield) No injuries were reported in a house fire in the town of Oakfield Thursday morning. The Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Office says fire crews responded to the residence of Tom and Julie Hilbert at W7256 Hunter Lane at around 9:20am. While there was no structural damage as a result of the fire, the home did sustain water and smoke damage. Two people and a dog were able to flee the home. The incident is not suspicious in nature and the blaze was determined to be a result of electrical issues. Assisting at the scene were fire departments from Oakfield, the city and town of Fond du Lac and the town of Lamartine.