New Year’s Eve Fire Destroys Town of Ashford Home

(Town of Ashford) A New Year’s Eve chimney fire destroyed a house in the Fond du Lac County Town of Ashford. Crews responded at 8:50am to the John Bischoff residence on Woodland Drive after receiving reports of a house engulfed in flames. Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Sergeant Paul Rottscholl says occupants of the residence along with their pets were able to flee safely. Bischoff was treated at St. Agnes Hospital for smoke inhalation. The fire is believed to have started in the chimney and proceeded to the interior walls. The home is considered a total loss. The Campbellsport Fire Department was assisted at the scene by several area fire departments, Campbellsport Ambulance, the Fond du Lac County Highway Department and We Energies.  The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.

 

 

Photo courtesy of www.campbellsportfire.com