(Eden) The National Weather Service has confirmed two more tornados from last week’s severe weather. That includes an EF-One near Eden in Fond du Lac County and an EF-Zero near Cascade in Sheboygan County. The latest confirmations bring the total number of tornados from the weather event to 19, which includes two in Dodge County. The Wisconsin National Guard completed its sandbagging mission along Interstates 39/90/94 in Columbia County and remains on standby in the event further assistance is requested. Approximately 75 Soldiers from the Portage-based 132nd Brigade Support Battalion mobilized to state active duty Sunday to sandbag on Interstate 90/94 near Highway 33, where they worked overnight and into Monday morning. Thirty-two soldiers remained on duty Tuesday to add additional sandbags to the interstate and fill more sandbags for state use in Wyocena. The Guard also assisted authorities with sandbagging missions in North Freedom and Baraboo in Sauk County last Thursday. That state active duty mission was transferred Wednesday to the First Battalion, 120th Field Artillery, who is supplying at least 50 soldiers.
In Jefferson County, officials continue to monitor the Crawfish and Rock Rivers. They are sandbagging as a precautionary measure. The National Weather Service predicts that both rivers will crest Friday in a “moderate flood stage.”
As far as road closures, the southbound Interstate 39 ramp at Highway 33 near Portage is closed. There are also closures on Highway 33 in Sauk and Vernon counties. In Marquette County, Highway 22 on Main Street in Montello is closed in both directions. They are sandbagging as a precautionary measure.
- I-39 southbound ramp closed to WIS 33 near Portage. No detour.
- WIS 127 closed in Wisconsin Dells (Zeitz Road and Lewiston Station Road). No detour.
- WIS 131 closed in Soldiers Grove (Pleasant Street to 3rd Street). No detour.
- WIS 131 closed at US 60, east of Wauzeka. No detour.
- WIS 171 closed between WIS 27 (Mt. Sterling) and US 61 (Rolling Ground). No detour.
- US 14 closed between Cross Plains and Black Earth; traffic detoured via WIS 78 and US 12.
- US 12 closed from WIS 82 (Mauston) to County O. No detour.
- WIS 33 closed from Union Center to LaValle (Sauk County). No detour.
- WIS 107 is closed at North Lane Drive near Hamburg due to high water and culvert damage; traffic detoured via Marathon County A to WIS 97 and WIS 29.
- WIS 22 is closed at the Main Street bridge over the Montello River in Montello; traffic detoured via WIS 33, WIS 44 and WIS 73.
- WIS 56 closed from Viola to River Road. No detour.
- WIS 80 closed from County DD to County D (west). No detour.
- WIS 131 closed between WIS 56 (Viola) to WIS 82 (LaFarge). No detour.
- WIS 33 closed at Albert Street in Reedsburg. No detour.
- WIS 33 closed between Wonewoc (Juneau County) and LaValle. No detour.
- WIS 58 closed from County G (Ironton) to WIS 33 (LaValle). No detour.
- WIS 136 closed from WIS 33 (Rock Springs) to WIS 154 (Rock Springs). No detour.
- WIS 154 closed between WIS 23 (south of Reedsburg) to WIS 136 (Rock Springs). No detour.
- WIS 33 closed between Garden Street and Brey Valley Road in Ontario. No detour.
- WIS 56 closed from County SS to County S (Liberty). No detour.
- WIS 56/WIS 131 closed from West River Road/Sportman Road to Railroad Street in Viola. No detour.
- WIS 82 closed from Kickapoo River to North Mills Street (La Farge). No detour.
- WIS 131 closed between Ontario and Rockton. Traffic detoured via WIS 82 and WIS 33.
- WIS 131 closed from County S to Viola. No detour.
- WIS 162 closed from County O (Stoddard) to US 14. No detour.
- WIS 162 from US 14 (Coon Valley) to County N (north of Coon Valley). No detour.
Photo from weather.gov