Grease Fire Reported At Helen’s Kitchen In Waupun

(Waupun) The Waupun Fire Department responded to a grease fire at Helen’s Kitchen Thursday morning. Crews arriving at the Main Street restaurant shortly after 4am found a small fire burning in the kitchen. Chief BJ DeMaa says the flames were put out with a fire extinguisher but not before causing some damage in the kitchen. Firefighters were on scene for around one hour working on ventilation, overhaul operations, and checking for fire extension.  There were three employees inside at the time of the fire and no one was injured.  No firefighters were hurt during operations.  The restaurant will be closed for a period of time while clean-up takes place. The cause of the fire remains under investigation and damage estimates have yet to be determined.