Creosote In Stove Linked To Columbus Tavern Fire

9/11/17 – Creosote in a chimney is said to be the cause of a weekend fire at a Columbus tavern. Crews responded to Badger Motor Car Company Saturday evening just before 11pm to find heavy smoke visible. The business on the 300 block of North Spring Street was evacuated. The fire started in the basement furnace room from creosote buildup in the elbow of a wood burning stove. No one was hurt. The scene was cleared just after 1am yesterday morning. On Facebook, the company thanked the police and fire departments along with everyone that (quote) “chipped in” before emergency officials arrived, which they wrote was very quickly. The post said there was a lot of smoke damage to clean up but it could have been much worse.

 

 

 

Photo courtesy Badger Motor Car Company Facebook page