Overall Purpose/Summary: Under the general direction of Director of Support Services, assesses residents psychosocial needs and develops behavioral treatment plans to meet those needs. Provides direct services to residents and advocates for resident rights. Maintains social services records. Provides onboarding and ongoing training to staff.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Two (2) years social work experience in a long-term care facility and State of Wisconsin Social Work certification preferred. Must be certified as a feeding assistant or become certified within orientation period.
• Knowledge of State and applicable federal codes
• Working knowledge and understanding of principles of human development and interaction.
• Ability to assess resident needs, determine realistic goals, and to follow through with appropriate approaches to achieve these goals.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with residents, families, guardians, community contacts, and interdisciplinary team members.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of and respect for resident rights
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies and procedure.
• Knowledge of behavior management program writing.
• Must have flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet resident, staffing or facility needs
• Must meet the requirements of the Dodge County Driver Qualification Policy.
Starting Wage Range (01/01/2018):
$20.97 – $29.05 (Dodge County Labor Grade Six (6))