Congrats Judge Brian Pfitzinger on winning our 2018 Chili Cook-off!!
When: Sunday, February 11th from 12pm – 2pm
Where: Morry’s 430 Madison St, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Cost: Free to be an entrant, must sign up by Wednesday, January 31st and bring your recipe to the radio station
Cost to judge: $5 and you get to sample all the Chili’s plus the proceeds go to the Children’s Radiothon
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Chili Cook-Off promotion (the “Promotion”) being conducted by Good Karma Brands, 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam 53916 (“GKB”) and by Morry’s Bar, 430 Madison St, Beaver Dam, WI 53916 beginning on Sunday, February 11th at 12pm CST and ending on Sunday, February 11th at 2pm.
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s): Come to the station (WBEV/WXRO, 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam 53916) and sign and complete the participant release form prior to the event, February 11th, 2018. Participants must also give us the recipe they use prior to the event, February 11th, 2018 at 12pm.
- One entrant per household. Up to 13 participants.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 21 and older and who reside in South Central Wisconsin. Employees of GKB, its subsidiary and affiliated entities, GKB’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, [other radio stations in the South Central Wisconsin metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, or children) and/or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- “Listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by GKB only once every thirty (30) days and only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any GKB promotion.”
- The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide his or her complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.”
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and GKB will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. GKB will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- First, second and third place prizes will be awarded in this Promotion. Each prize consists of the following:
Third place prize will be a $25 gift certificate to Verizon Wireless Zone in Beaver Dam. The gift certificate will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift certificate.
Second place prize will be a $25 gift certificate to Morry’s Bar in Beaver Dam. The gift certificate will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift certificate.
First place prize will be a $50 gift certificate to Piggly Wiggly. The gift certificate will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift certificate.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of GKB at this address 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam 53916. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within forty-five (45) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. GKB is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that GKB may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of GKB management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- The winner will be decided at 2pm on February 11th at Morry’s Bar.
- The winner must be present to win and will be notified immediately at 2pm on February 11th at Morry’s Bar.
- Other listeners will taste test and rate you on your chili. They will judge by voting for their favorite on a paper ballot which one they feel was their favorite. Winning chili will be determined by the most number of votes. In the event of tie, a teammate of the Radio Station will pick their favorite.
- Qualifiers and the Grand Prize winner need be present to win.
- The winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of winning or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected by next winner in line. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by GKB in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize(s) or prize certificate(s), GKB, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner(s) (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless GKB, its subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of GKB that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, GKB reserves the right to select the winner(s) by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winner(s).
- GKB, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of GKB’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If GKB makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, GKB reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- GKB reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of GKB, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, GKB reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- GKB is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 11th, 2018 to Chili Cook-Off – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, GKB 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam, WI 53916. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by Monday, April 16th, 2018 to the above address marked “Chili Cook-Off – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of GKB and may be posted online at dailydodge.com.
Administrator: GKB 100 Bill McCollum Way, Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Sponsor: Morry’s Bar, 430 Madison St, Beaver Dam, WI 53916