Beaver Dam Family Displaced Following Stove Fire

(Beaver Dam) A stove fire in the city of Beaver Dam Tuesday afternoon resulted in moderate damage to a single-family home. Crews responded to the Stacy Rhea residence at 215 Francis Court at 2:38pm. Deputy Fire Chief Matt Christian says upon arrival, smoke was visible from the kitchen. A hose line was used to knock down the flames that had spread from the stove to the cabinets and microwave. Moderate smoke and water damage to the house was reported. A family member who was home at the time was able to exit safely and contact authorities; there were no injuries. Before personnel arrived on scene, an off-duty firefighter tried unsuccessfully to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher before smoke forced him out of the home. The cause of the fire was determined to be an open flame on the stove that ignited materials on near the appliance. The department was on scene for about two hours. The family was displaced from the home and is staying with relatives in the area.  It was the third fire Beaver Dam has handled in three days with a family displaced Easter morning because of a wood burning stove in the Town of Calamus and on then on Monday another family was displaced following an electrical fire in the Town of Beaver Dam.